- All Natural Beautifully Tanned ELK Rawhide Drum Head on a DEEP FRAME
- Lightweight 2 7/8-inch Wide Frame lends depth to this drum for a deeper voice than the regular frame
- Suede Leather-Wrapped Handle on Bottom of Drum
- Includes Custom Drumstick by Bob, (see photos throughout site, either colorful bunched yarn or suede leather handle, please choose when ordering) You choose materials and colors.
- Now Offered with Decorated Options, see separate listings
- Made in the U.S.
- Be Sure to Listen to This Drum on the "Hear All Drums" Tab, Above (Main Menu) It's new!
- Being A Natural Product, Each Drum and Drumstick Will Vary In Appearance
ELK 12" DEEP FRAME Drum w/Custom Drumstick
12" DEEP FRAME Elk Drum Description:
This is one special handmade elk drum! Its deep frame gives it a deeper voice, and yet it remains very lightweight! The key is the lamination process that binds many layers of maple wood into a super strong, lightweight instrument that you can play for hours on end without tiring.
It features an all-natural Elkhide drumhead for beauty and is as strong as they come.
Plus! It comes with one of Bob's custom-made drumsticks (choose handle decoration option of bunched yarn or suede lace when ordering).
Best quality, these drums are produced right here in America. You will find these drums to have sturdy laminated frames and strong inner lacing to assure durability, too.
Sorry but it cannot be exported.
Additional Thoughts (Please read, this is equally important):
1. It is key to note that a 12" drum is considered small. It is a mere one inch wider than a standard sheet of paper is long (11"). So, to get an idea of its size, simply look at a sheet of paper and imagine it one inch longer.
This is a great drum due to its size, makes it so easy and portable. It is lightweight, which allows you to hold it in playing position for a long time without tiring. But its size dictates its voice, so don't expect a big booming sound from this drum. Trust me, it will project its voice perfectly for its size. The deeper frame on this drum adds some heft to the voice.
2. All natural drums are made from the hides of animals. In the sacred traditions of shamans, it is said the animals present themselves to provide sustenance and to aid humans with food, clothing and spiritual growth. In return, humans provide their own bodies back to the Earth Mother to continue the Great Wheel of Life across multiple generations of lifeforms.
3. Because these drums include animal hides, you may notice a scar, scratch or other imperfection in your drum. These imperfections do not affect the sound of a drum, else I would not use them. These marks are the results of the animal's life experience in the wild. When you think about it, we all carry scars of one sort or another, inside or outside in our own life experiences. The point is that we should respect and honor the animals for what they give to us. Their own last full measure was gifted to us to aid our development and wisdom. Natural drums are among the greatest of teachers because of this.
Aho & Namaste,