International Customers inluding Canada and Mexico, sorry but this drum can't be exported.
- This is a 12-inch all around Hoop / Hand Drum with an Elk rawhide drum head. Coloration varies.
- Listen to it on the "Hear All Drums" page.
- Decorations include either suede lace or bunched yarn around the outside and extra "streamers" hanging from each of the four cardinal points with special beads. You can see examples throughout the site. AND you can choose the color scheme!
- Every Decorated Elk Drum comes with a FREE Shamanic Empowerment Kit! (See details in right column, or photo above.)
- Lightweight laminated maple frame.
- Custom Drumstick by Bob includes suede leather head and bunched yarn or leather lace handle (2 photos above).
- Basic and Painted Versions of this drum also available, see separate listings.
Elk 12" Decorated Drum w/ all accessories
This 12-inch beauty is a real treasure, made of specially tanned Elk rawhide and tied fast to the drum head with tough buffalo or elk lacing. The decorations and drumstick round out the package for a beautiful drum inside and out, its voice lively and its light weight assuring you can keep on drummin'.
The Decorated Version of the Hummingbird Drum is constantly evolving, no two are alike, so the photos are only a guideline for the beautiful drum you can expect to receive! It seems a lot of customers prefer to also have our artist, Mr. Glenn Lewis, paint an exquisite image on the drum for them. You can see examples of his work throughout this site. (So you can check out details in separate listings.)
The 12-Inch Elk Drum is an affordable way to bring out your inner expression and share it with the world. Made in the U.S. by excellent drum makers.
Additional Thoughts (Please read, this is equally important):
1. It is key to note that a 12" drum is considered small. It is a mere one inch wider than a standard sheet of paper is long (11"). So, to get an idea of its size, simply look at a sheet of paper and imagine it one inch longer.
This is a great drum due to its size, makes it so easy and portable. It is lightweight, which allows you to hold it in playing position for a long time without tiring. But its size dictates its voice, so don't expect a big booming sound from this drum. Trust me, it will project its voice perfectly for its size.
2. All natural drums are made from the hides of animals. In the sacred traditions of shamans, it is said the animals present themselves to provide sustenance and to aid humans with food, clothing and spiritual growth. In return, humans provide their own bodies back to the Earth Mother to continue the Great Wheel of Life across multiple generations of lifeforms.
3. Because these drums include animal hides, you may notice a scar, scratch or other imperfection in your drum. These imperfections do not affect the sound of a drum, else I would not use them. These marks are the results of the animal's life experience in the wild. When you think about it, we all carry scars of one sort or another, inside or outside in our own life experiences. The point is that we should respect and honor the animals for what they give to us. Their own last full measure was gifted to us to aid our development and wisdom. Natural drums are among the greatest of teachers because of this.
Aho & Namaste,