International Customers inluding Canada and Mexico, sorry but this drum can't be exported.
- A simply beautiful DEEP FRAME Elk Drum with several feet of sumptous deer lacing or bunched yarn, select beads and other adornments provide additional expression from your heart when you purchase the Decorated version of this exceptional instrument. You get to choose all materials and colors once Bob contacts you and begins your joint collaboration.
- All Natural Beautifully Tanned ELK Rawhide Drum Head on a DEEP FRAME
- Lightweight 2 7/8-inch Wide Frame lends depth to this drum for a deeper voice than the regular frame
- Suede Leather-Wrapped Handle on Bottom of Drum
- Includes Custom Drumstick by Bob, (see photos throughout site, either colorful bunched yarn or suede leather handle, please choose when ordering) You choose materials and colors.
- Made in the U.S.
- Be Sure to Listen to This Drum on the "Hear All Drums" Tab, Above (Main Menu) It's new!
- Being A Natural Product, Each Drum and Drumstick Will Vary In Appearance
ELK 12" Decorated DEEP FRAME Drum w/All Accessories
12" DEEP FRAME Elk Drum Description:
This is one special handmade elk drum! Its deep frame gives it a deeper voice, and yet it remains very lightweight! The key is the lamination process that binds many layers of maple wood into a super strong, lightweight instrument that you can play for hours on end without tiring.
It features an all-natural Elkhide drumhead for beauty and is as strong as they come.
Plus! It not only comes with one of Bob's custom-made drumsticks, but also exceptionally beautiful decorations and a few gifts of smudging herbs and lightning wood from Bob as well.
Best quality, these drums are produced right here in America. You will find these drums to have sturdy laminated frames and strong inner lacing to assure durability, too.
Compare its deeper voice by clicking the "Hear All Drums" tab at the top of the page and choosing "DEEP FRAME 12" ELK DRUM".
Sorry but it cannot be exported.
Three Additional Thoughts (Please read, this is equally important):
1. It is key to note that a 12" drum is considered small. It is a mere one inch wider than a standard sheet of paper is long (11"). So, to get an idea of its size, simply look at a sheet of paper and imagine it one inch longer.
This is a great drum due to its size, makes it so easy and portable. It is lightweight, which allows you to hold it in playing position for a long time without tiring. But its size dictates its voice, so don't expect a big booming sound from this drum. The deeper frame for this drum adds some heft to its projection and depth. Trust me, it will project its voice perfectly for its size.
2. All natural drums are made from the hides of animals. In the sacred traditions of shamans, it is said the animals present themselves to provide sustenance and to aid humans with food, clothing and spiritual growth. In return, humans provide their own bodies back to the Earth Mother to continue the Great Wheel of Life across multiple generations of lifeforms.
3. Because these drums include animal hides, you may notice a scar, scratch or other imperfection in your drum. These imperfections do not affect the sound of a drum, else I would not use them. These marks are the results of the animal's life experience in the wild. When you think about it, we all carry scars of one sort or another, inside or outside in our own life experiences. The point is that we should respect and honor the animals for what they give to us. Their own last full measure was gifted to us to aid our development and wisdom. Natural drums are among the greatest of teachers because of this.
Aho & Namaste,