Shaman's Thunder Powwow Drum
Photos above reveal a beautiful and affordable American-made, double-sided (drum heads on both the top and bottom) Powwow Drum featuring buffalo or cowhide, a custom drum stand, Bob's original decorations and four of his custom drumsticks (see samples above, available in many colors). He would be honored to provide such a drum to you.
- 20-inches across, 7" deep, weighs an amazingly light 6 pounds.
- Can accommodate 4-6 drummers.
- The best buffalo or cowhide covers the top and bottom of the drum and is slow-dried to assure the deepest, richest tone in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Thick buffalo hide lacing assures tightness and durability.
- Lightweight for carrying, the exceptionally strong laminated maple hardwood frame is the best on the market.
- Four rawhide handles incorporated right into the drum (see photo for closeup of handles, marked with arrows) make it easy to carry and to hook onto the drum stand.
- Includes exclusive decorations by Bob (read more details in Bob's Insights, at right).
- Bob also offers four of his original powwow drumsticks.
- Hear the drum, listed as "Brother Thunder Powwow Drum" now on the Hear All Drums page.
- Cowhide version can be exported to your country. Please write for a shipping estimate.
Drum Stand Features:
- Custom-made for this drum, so it is easy to hang on the four posts (see photo)
- Folds for convenient storage
- Easy assembly required
- Shipped separately
- Made in America
Shaman's Thunder Powwow Drum
The Shaman's Thunder Powwow Drum has a story to tell. Yes, its voice is like thunder, and its broad shoulders, strong laminated maple frame and thick hide can withstand the rigors of powerful drumming and challenging weather. But that can be said of nearly all of the drums you see here at Thunder Valley. The real story is about the soul of this drum.
This Shaman's Thunder drum is Lightning's brother. Rarely do they not make their presence known together. And when they travel fast, they begin to pile one on the other like two brothers wrestling, Lightning! Thunder! Light and Sound! Sound and Light! The crescendo can overwhelm our senses!
Many indigenous peoples speak of why the brothers act this way. Contrary to human understanding, the brothers act to give life while calming the malestrom of opposing principles in the atmosphere. Humidity builds, friction results, instability erupts! Storm!
In come the brothers to use their awesome powers to overwhelm the friction and return calm. And in the process, they spread the life-giving waters across the lands to the people and all of life.
This drum, then, seeks to recognize and honor the family of the Lightning Beings and the Thunderers. (For more information about the importance of sacred lightning in my own practice, please see the essay on the Downloads Page.)
I can decorate your new drum in practically any color you may choose. (See variation in photos above.) I can add a Spirit Shield too if you like.
Among many attributes and intentions for making a spirit shield, there are always these commonalities: the sacred task is meant to honor the spirits and strengthen our will. Affixed to a powerful drum, the shield is given a voice for all to hear, above and below, and all around. For All That Is.
Please feel free to write with questions about this wonderful shamanic drum anytime. Click here to send an email.
Aho & Namaste,
(Please read the Shipping Notice below)