Photos above are of other decorated drums, though yours will look similar. Of course, you get to choose the colors and materials you desire. Bob will help you decide when he contacts you by email to confirm your order.
- NEW! Bob will custom decorate this drum for you. See many examples of decorated drums throughout the site. Will feature several feet of leather lacing or bunched yarn around the drum with streamers featured at each of the cardinal points of the four sacred directions. You can choose the colors when Bob contacts you about the order.
- Also includes one of Bob's custom drumsticks that features a leather top-piece and either suede lace or bunched yarn around the handle to match your color choices.
- Can Be Exported Around The World
- Horsehide Drum, Very Strong
- Surprising Low Price for a Quality Drum
- Suede Leather-Wrapped Handle on Back of Drum
- Lightweight 1 7/8-inch Wide Frame
- Made in the U.S.
- Be Sure to Listen to This Drum on the "Hear All Drums" Tab, Above (Main Menu)--coming soon!
- Being A Natural Product, Each Drum Head Will Vary In Appearance
Horsehide 12" Decorated Drum w/ all accessories
The beautiful 12-inch Horsehide Drum is strong and lightweight, for sure. And even with nominal care, it will last indefinitely. But that doesn't mean it can withstand abusive use or neglect, as Bob outlines on the "How To Care For Your Precious Drum" page. Respectful treatment will make this sacred drum an honored partner for life.
Includes a custom drumstick and decorations (see left column for details).
The laminated frame is equally strong and durable, and you can play it for hours on end. Quality counts!
Additional Thoughts (Please read, this is equally important):
1. It is key to note that a 12" drum is considered small. It is a mere one inch wider than a standard sheet of paper is long (11"). So, to get an idea of its size, simply look at a sheet of paper and imagine it one inch longer.
This is a great drum due to its size, makes it so easy and portable. It is lightweight, which allows you to hold it in playing position for a long time without tiring. But its size dictates its voice, so don't expect a big booming sound from this drum. Trust me, it will project its voice perfectly for its size.
2. All natural drums are made from the hides of animals. In the sacred traditions of shamans, it is said the animals present themselves to provide sustenance and to aid humans with food, clothing and spiritual growth. In return, humans provide their own bodies back to the Earth Mother to continue the Great Wheel of Life across multiple generations of lifeforms.
3. Because these drums include animal hides, you may notice a scar, scratch or other imperfection in your drum. These imperfections do not affect the sound of a drum, else I would not use them. These marks are the results of the animal's life experience in the wild. When you think about it, we all carry scars of one sort or another, inside or outside in our own life experiences. The point is that we should respect and honor the animals for what they give to us. Their own last full measure was gifted to us to aid our development and wisdom. Natural drums are among the greatest of teachers because of this.
Aho & Namaste,