This drum can only be shipped to a U.S. destination.
- FREE U.S. Shipping
- All Natural Deer Rawhide Drum Head Dyed Red (also offered in a Blue option in another listing). This is identical to the Deer 12" Budget Drum except it is dyed blue.
- Drum color will vary somewhat from sample shown
- Leather-Wrapped Handle on bottom of drum (see photo)
- Includes Custom Drumstick by Bob, your choice of assorted colors (see photo), with a leather top-piece and either bunched yarn or suede lace handle
- Lightweight 1 7/8-inch Wide Drum Frame
- Made in the U.S.
- (Not Offered in Painted Options)
- Be sure to listen to this drum on the "Hear All Drums" Tab, Above (Main Menu). Scroll down to "12" Budget Drum Sound File" and tap the play button.
- Being a natural product, each drum will vary in appearance.
- CLICK HERE to be sure to check out how best to care for your drum.
Deer Decorated 12" Red Drum w/all accessories
If you are just starting out and not sure you want to stick with drumming, or if your budget isn't ready for a custom-made top-of-the-line drum like Bob makes and offers here at TVD, then these are the drums for you!
Good quality, these drums are produced right here in America. You will find the deer rawhide drum to be quite resonant and lively, with sturdy laminated frames and strong inner lacing to assure durability. These drums will take a beating!
Additional Thoughts (Please read, this is equally important):
1. It is key to note that a 12" drum is considered small. It is a mere one inch wider than a standard sheet of paper is long (11"). So, to get an idea of its size, simply look at a sheet of paper and imagine it one inch longer in the form of a circle.
This is a great drum due to its size-- makes it so easy to play and quite portable. It is lightweight, which allows you to hold it in playing position for a long time without tiring. But its size dictates its voice, so don't expect a big booming sound from this drum. Trust me, it will project its voice perfectly for its size.
2. All natural drums are made from the hides of animals. In the sacred traditions of shamans, it is said the animals present themselves to provide sustenance to aid humans with food, clothing and spiritual growth. In return, humans provide their own bodies back to the Earth Mother to continue the Great Wheel of Life across multiple generations of lifeforms.
3. Because these drums include animal hides, you may notice a scar, scratch or other imperfection in your drum. These imperfections do not affect the sound of a drum, else I would not offer them to you. These marks are the results of the animal's life experience in the wild. When you think about it, we all carry scars of one sort or another, inside or outside in our own life experiences. The point is that we should respect and honor the animals for what they give to us. Their own last full measure was gifted to us to aid our development and wisdom. Natural drums are among the greatest of teachers because of this.
Aho & Namaste,