Listen to the amazing voice of this 20-inch Elk Drum now on the Hear All Drums tab.
The painting on the drum above is just a sample. You can see many painted drums throughout the site and thus come to know the exquisite work that our artist, Glenn Lewis, will do for you.
- Have any image you desire painted on your new 20" Elk Drum through the masterful touch of artist Glenn Lewis. (See the About Page for more info about him.) Photo of finished drum coming soon!
- As this is a new offering, we don't have any photos of a finished drum at this time. But the site is full of examples of painted drums, so you can imagine the wonderful display your image would have on this large drum.
- Several feet of glove soft suede leather lacing (and bunched yarn in combination if you wish), precious beads, a custom drumstick by Bob and a free Empowerment gift accompany this drum for you!
- Amazingly deep and full voice from the first-ever 20" Elk Drum offered by Thunder Valley Drums. Now available with other options, see separate listings.
- Frame made of thick laminated maple, measures 20" girth and 3" deep.
- Elk drum head is from the finest rawhide available.
- Suede leather wrapping around handle on bottom of drum is soothing to the hand.
- The empowerment gift includes a small bag of Bob's mixture of smudging herbs and a lightning-struck wood piece with emerald chips on copper wire. To learn more about the spiritual significance of lightning wood, see the downloads page for Bob's pdf files here.
- American made.
- Learn more about this wonderful drum with Bob's Insights in right column.
- Cannot be exported.
Elk 20" Painted, Decorated Drum w/ Custom Drumstick
Well, you'll see the word "amazing" in the description for this drum, and sure enough, its sound is amazing, very deep and resonant. Several customers have requested such a drum, so I've found one that fills the bill! And choosing to have it painted and decorated will perfectly finish this exquisite instrument.
You will never have to strike this beautiful ally drum with force, for its hearty voice will let loose with even a light tap from your finger! In fact, you'll often see sacred drummers play their drums with the side of one of their thumbs or straight on with fingers and thumb. But just in case you want to project the drum's power, I will make a wonderful drumstick for you in the colors of your choice. (You can decide on colors after I initially contact you about the purchase.)
There is one important thing to remember about such a powerful and quality-filled drum. Power comes with a requirement of heft. So while the drum will fill the air with its husky voice, you may begin to notice its weight (just over two pounds) after playing it a while, due to its thick frame and hefty drum head. So, you will perhaps want to review the smaller drums I offer if you intend to play for a long time, and use this one on the special occasions when you want maximum projection. A much lighter weight 15" drum (at about half the weight of the 20") will still produce plenty of voice, and allow you to play it much longer.
I truly appreciate your visit to the site today, and will be honored to send you the drum you desire.
Aho & Namaste,