- FREE U.S. Shipping
- All Natural Deer Rawhide Drum Head Dyed Blue (also offered in a Red option in another listing). This is identical to the Deer 15" Budget Drum except it is dyed Blue.
- Drum color will vary somewhat from sample shown.
- Suede Leather-Wrapped Handle on bottom of drum (see photo).
- Includes Custom Drumstick by Bob, your choice of assorted colors (see photo), with a leather top-piece and either bunched yarn or suede lace handle.
- Once you order, Bob will contact you to determine color and materials choices for the drumstick.
- Lightweight 2 7/8-inch Wide Drum Frame
- Made in the U.S.
- (Not Offered in Painted Options)
- Be sure to listen to this drum on the "Hear All Drums" Tab, Above (Main Menu). Scroll down to "15" Budget Drum Sound File" and tap the play button.
- Being a natural product, each drum will vary in appearance.
- CLICK HERE to be sure to check out how best to care for your drum.
Deer 15" Blue Drum w/CustomDrumstick
This is a fine, fine drum produced right here in America. You will find your deer rawhide drum to be quite resonant and lively, with sturdy laminated frames and strong inner lacing to assure durability. These drums will take a beating! And they have wonderful voices for the price.
The drumstick decorations are first rate, and not skimped because this drum happens to be less expensive than others offered here on the site. Same decorations no matter the price. Rich suede lacing and sturdy bunched yarn.
Additional Thoughts (Please read, this is equally important):
1. This is a great drum for many reasons, including being lightweight even though it is a large size. Thus, it is so easy to play for a long time without tiring and is quite portable. Its voice is hardy and full, if a bit higher in tone than say a cow or elk drum. However, it will project its voice as far and as fully as you want it to.
2. All natural drums are made from the hides of animals. In the sacred traditions of shamans, it is said the animals present themselves to provide sustenance to aid humans with food, clothing and spiritual growth. In return, humans provide their own bodies back to the Earth Mother to continue the Great Wheel of Life across multiple generations of lifeforms.
3. Because these drums include animal hides, you may notice a scar, scratch or other imperfection in your drum. These imperfections do not affect the sound of a drum, else I would not offer them to you. These marks are the results of the animal's life experience in the wild. When you think about it, we all carry scars of one sort or another, inside or outside in our own life experiences. The point is that we should respect and honor the animals for what they give to us. Their own last full measure was gifted to us to aid our development and wisdom. Natural drums are among the greatest of teachers because of this.
Aho & Namaste,