Thunder Drum Features:
- Bob calls this "The Thunder Drum."
- This wonderful drum comes with a FREE Shamanic Empowerment Gift (see information in right-hand column).
- Measurement: 2 3/4" x 15" maple laminated wood frame. This frame's height (2 3/4") is a key to adding depth and projection to your drum's voice, and it's not found in many drums of this size. You can see the difference in one of the photos above which shows the height of this frame against a shorter one. BIG difference!
- 1/8-Inch elk rawhide lacing on bottom.
- Rawhide Drum Head (whether from cowhide, deer, horsehide, or elk, depending on availability). Natural color varies.
- Decorations include up to 25-feet of suede lacing and / or exclusive select bunching yarn (colors and materials vary according to availability).
- Bob's Handmade Drumstick features either suede cow or deer skin headpiece with suede deer skin or bunching yarn wrapped around handle with accents.
- Your drum is prepared in the old way with ceremonies to assure that it is energetically cleansed and spiritually charged.
- Listen to this drum now on the "Hear All Drums" tab, above.
- Learn more with "Bob's Insights" in right-hand column.
- Basic and Painted versions also available, see separate listings.
Bob's 15" Decorated Drum w/ all accessories
The largest drum I make, the 15" (diameter) Thunder Drum is big on voice, and yet, you will find it to be quite lightweight. The rawhide drum head is very responsive, and resonates beautifully with the very strong laminated maple frame. In drum circles, the Thunder Drum's deep voice lends texture and prominence to the group, and in sacred ceremony, it resonates deeply within and without, in Earth and Sky, in heart and Spirit.
The Thunder Drum's form and function is made more pronounced by its ancient lineage from similar drums made since time began. Drums like these (minus, of course, the technology of modern laminating techniques) have been assembled since antiquity in the same way. Honestly, just holding such a drum and examining the lacing has the effect of connecting you with the interweaving nature of life and the ancestral power of the first drums and of the first people who made them as healing helpers. Their knowledge was awesome.
In that regard, I make all Sacred Shaman Drums in the same way, with respect for those who passed along the knowledge of how and why to make them, as well as for the deep reverence and gratitude necessary to assure the sacred character of the drums. I happily pass this on to you, should you decide to own one of these powerful Thunder Drums.
You will receive not only a reliable drum, but also a sturdy and honored partner. There is also several feet of beautiful suede lacing and/or bunched yarn lacing (colors vary) wrapped around and beneath the drum in the decorated and painted versions. That's a lot of value added.
There is no need to strike this drum with power, for its deep voice and strong medicine bring you all the power you need.
I would be honored to make one for you now.