- Bob calls this "The Thunder Drum."
- As you can see in the photos of drums made for various customers, your drum can be painted with about any image(s) you desire. See Painting Options in the right-hand column for more info.
- The 15" Thunder Drum is the largest Hoop / Hand Drum Bob makes, and features the best materials available today.
- This wonderful drum comes with a FREE Shamanic Empowerment Gift (more information in the right-hand column).
- Frame is laminated maple (the best!) and measures 2 3/4" deep (excellent depth!) x 15" diameter, perfect for a beautiful deep voice yet easy to hold, transport and carry.
- 1/8-Inch elk rawhide lacing on bottom covered with suede leather for comfortable holding and playing
- Rawhide Drum Head (whether from cowhide, prime deer, horsehide, or elk, depending on availability). Natural Color varies.
- Up to 25-feet of decorative suede lacing and / or exclusive select bunching yarn (colors and materials vary according to availability) are included with this drum.
- Handmade Drumstick features either suede cow or deer headpiece with suede deer skin or bunching yarn wrapped around handle with accents. Materials choices depend on availability.
- Your Drum is prepared in the old way with ceremonies to assure that you Receive an energetically cleansed and spiritually charged drum.
- Read more about this wonderful drum in "Bob's Insights" in the column at right.
- Basic version also available, see separate listings.
Bob's 15" Painted Drum w/ all accessories
The largest drum I make, the 15" (diameter) Thunder Drum is big on voice, and yet, you will find it to be quite lightweight. The rawhide drum head is very responsive, and resonates beautifully with the very strong laminated maple frame. In drum circles, the Thunder Drum's deep voice lends texture and prominence to the group, and in sacred ceremony, it resonates deeply within and without, in Earth and Sky, in heart and Spirit.
The Thunder Drum's form and function is made more pronounced by its ancient lineage from similar drums made since time began. Drums like these (minus, of course, the technology of modern laminating techniques) have been assembled since antiquity in the same way. Honestly, just holding such a drum and examining the lacing has the effect of connecting you with the interweaving nature of life and the ancestral power of the first drums and of the first people who made them as healing helpers. Their knowledge was awesome.
In that regard, I make all Sacred Shaman Drums in the same way, with respect for those who passed along the knowledge of how and why to make them, as well as for the deep reverence and gratitude necessary to assure the sacred character of the drums. I happily pass this on to you, should you decide to own one of these powerful Thunder Drums.
There is no need to strike this drum with power, for its deep voice and strong medicine bring you all the power you need.
I would be honored to make one for you now.